Fall 2021 Healthy Campus Plan
Today the Office of the President issued the following letter:
Dear Campus Community,
Southern Virginia University strongly encourages all individuals whose health conditions allow to vaccinate against COVID-19. Consistent with the principles of choice and accountability, individuals are invited to choose the path of vaccination or non-vaccination and their associated opportunities and requirements. Please carefully review the policy below for vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals during the Fall 2021 Semester.
- Not required to mask
- Not required to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19 (with proof of full vaccination)
- Only required to declare vaccination status if employed by the University or participating in certain designated activities including athletics and some performing arts groups
- Required to immediately report any symptoms linked to COVID-19 to the COVID Resource Center (CRC) and be tested for the virus
- Required to mask indoors
- Required to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19
- Required to test regularly to be employed by the University or to participate in certain designated activities including athletics and some performing arts groups
- Required to immediately report any symptoms linked to COVID-19 to the COVID Resource Center (CRC) and to be tested for the virus
Declaring Vaccination Status & Testing Requirements
Instructions for those who are required to declare their vaccination status and further details about specific testing requirements will be sent to relevant groups (employees, student-athletes, performing artists, etc.). Please direct any questions about this policy to your respective supervisor, coach, or ensemble leader.
A Refuge from the Storm
Throughout the pandemic, we have worked to keep our community safe from COVID-19. This policy reflects our continued commitment to your safety. Please note that policies are subject to change based on applicable legal and regulatory compliance. Thank you for following our Fall 2021 Healthy Campus Plan as we make our campus a refuge from the pandemic storm.
Office of the President
Southern Virginia University
*Policies for vaccinated individuals also apply to individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, pending review of medical literature.